{track by track album review} The Wanted - Word Of Mouth (Deluxe Edition)

3:24 PM



Hello!

Gonna start a new thing today, an album review section! Gonna try and do a few of these every month, at least if there's a new album out by some artist or band I like. I currently have like 4 or 5 albums I want to review. Exciting! What's funny about reviewing an album like this is that it gives me the opportunity to really listen to the album thoroughly. 

The first album I'm reviewing is by one of my all time favourite bands, The Wanted, but I'll try to be as critical and neutral as possible.


1. We Own The Night
"May our heart be full like our drinks tonight, may we sing and dance 'til we lose our minds, we are only young if we seize the night"

When I first heard this song during the summer I immediately loved it so incredibly much. It's hard to explain just how much I love this song. It's a fun song that instantly makes me happier and it's such a party song. It was the soundtrack of my summer and I adore this song. It's just a really really good and catchy song. Picking my favourite part of this song is impossible, but pretty sure it's Siva's "Hold your jars!" just because it's so damn cute. Overall, a fantastic song.

2. In The Middle
"I'm falling so hard that it's painful, when it hurts I know the feelings are real"

Oh wow, this song is just incredible. The Wanted are a fantastic band and they can do basically every type of song, but what I love the most is when they do heartfelt almost ballads, that still have a nice beat. This song is just a perfect example of that, and the lyrics are so emotional and stunning that I'm in awe of this song. Their voices might not be show their full potential in this song, except for Jay and his solo, but I love it nonetheless.

3. Running Out Of Reasons
"You wanna say no, no it ain't gonna work, but then you fumble your words, oh you're running out of reasons"

When I listened to the album preview, this song was the first one that caught my attention. There's just something about this song. Tom's vocals during the chorus are just incredible and I can't stop loving how good his voice is. The lyrics are amazing and I love this song so much.

4. I Found You
"I found you in my darkest hour, I found you in the pouring rain. I found you when I was on my knees and your light brought me back again"


One of the best songs The Wanted have ever done, hands down. How can anyone not love this song? I could go on forever about what I love about this song. The melody, the beat, the incredible vocals, the falsetto chorus, Nathan's amazing solo, the lyrics... I love this song. Simple as that.

5. Show Me Love (America)
"Remember that night underneath the stars? For a minute I thought the world was ours"

I watched the boys perform this on X Factor UK on telly a few weeks ago and I was floored with how amazing they are. While the sound in the studio mightn't have been the greatest, I was amazed how well their harmonies work together and how incredible they sounded. The beginning of the song and Nathan's solo there is just incredible and I'm constantly surprised by how amazing how voice is. What I love about the chorus is that Siva and Max both can be heard and that Siva is doing such an incredible job at harmonizing. Jay's solo is just fantastic but my absolute favourite part of this song is Tom's "nothing can save us" bit, because he showcases such emotional that it's insane. I adore that man and his voice. Nathan's ending solo is just absolutely breathtaking and this band never fail to amaze me. What a bloody amazing song.

6. Walks Like Rihanna
"You can feel the beat when she's in the room, you can feel your heart going boom boom"

Right, I'm a bit confused how this ended up being a single when they had so many other songs with more meaning and that probably would've been a better single choice? Nonetheless, I do really love this song and I've heard them sing it live and it's actually really amazing live. It's fun, it's cheeky and it's just a really good song. Their voices are really good as always, but it's definitely one of the songs I now listen the least to. 

7. Summer Alive
"You're my drug, can't get enough"
 
IT'S LIKE ANOTHER CHASING THE SUN. I adore Chasing the Sun and I love when The Wanted does party anthems. When I lived in London and spent 3 nights a week at a gay club with my gay best friend, they constantly played Chasing the Sun and it was just THE best party song and since then I've waited and prayed that The Wanted one day would do another party song. And now it's here - and it's all I wanted! It's fun and the beat is incredible and so so amazing and whenever I heard the song I just wanna be on a dancefloor, holding a drink and dance till 5 am. It's just the best party song in a long time. 

8. Love Sewn
"We cover up the scars and never let them go, stitch up our broken hearts, this love is sewn"

Right, I may have cried when I first heard this song. I obviously love it a lot, but let me explain why. The song begins with Tom singing and his voice is so beautiful and incredible and he sounds so vulnerable and I just want to hug him. It's a really fantastic ballad about love and heartbreak. Max and Tom's vocals during the chorus just makes me shiver because they're so beautiful. I can't get over how incredible this song is and I can honestly say that it's one of my favourite love songs ever made. No words can do this song justice, just listen to it. You won't regret it.

9. Glow In The Dark
"The strobe light's not as bright as you are"

Rejoice! Another party song! With a dubstep beat?! YEAH. I wasn't sure what I would think of this song because when I heard the preview I wasn't very keen on it to be honest, but now I do really love it. It's fun, it's such a party anthem and I just wanna get drunk and dance. It's not the best vocal performance, but it's a party song so it's not expected or demanded, is it? This is just a really perfect song for a party playlist. Wanna bet it's gonna end up during a party scene in either TOWIE or Geordie Shore/The Valleys soon?

10. Demons
"All I see looking back in the mirror, demons in my head"

This is one of my favourite songs on the album and possibly one of my favourite songs that The Wanted have ever done. It's written by Siva and Jay and the lyrics are so incredible. I think we can all relate to sometimes feeling like there's demons in our head, pointing out all our flaws? At least that's what mine does. And this song is just... It makes me feel better about myself and I can relate to the lyrics and I love it so much. It's got such a nice beat and such killer lyrics and I love the vocals. Siva's parts are my favourite parts in this song cause his voice fits this song perfectly. I love this so damn much.

11.  Could This Be Love
"I'd jump out of a plane, write your name in the sky, you're shaking my life up; could this be love?"

Possibly the cutest song I've heard in a long time. As you can tell by the title, it's a song that describes how it feels when you're falling in love and wondering if it's actually love you're feeling. This is a song where their vocals are so on point it scares me and they all sound so beautiful. Jay's bridge is my favourite thing in this song because the lyrics are so incredible cute. Such a warm and cute and heartfelt song. I adore this. A lot.

12. Everybody Knows
"Now everybody knows my name and everybody feels my pain"

This song has such interesting lyrics. It's basically about being a celebrity that no one appreciates, that's gotten bad press and gets gossiped about. I can imagine that they all relate to these lyrics a lot, about never being alone and how everyone knows everything, and that some people only want to be near them to hear about their misery. It gives me the vibe that it's about going through a break up in front of the entire world and people taking sides and judging you. It's just a really beautiful song with incredible vocals and it's so thought through and amazing.

13. Heartbreak Story
"I know you never like to be alone and now you don't have to"

This ballad is one of the most amazing ballads I've heard in a while. Along with Love Sewn this is possibly my favourite ballad on the album. The start of the song is just so beautiful and Jay's voice is so incredible. I love how Max's voice is getting stronger and stronger and he sounds so amazing. Tom and Nathan share a verse and I'm amazed by how well their vocals work together and I love their verse so much. It's a story about a break up (obviously) and trust and it's such a vulnerable and amazing song. It's just really really beautiful.

14. Chasing the Sun
"I'm better, so much better now"
Like I said before, one of my favourite party songs ever. I love the vocals and the beat. That's all I'm gonna say. Let's go party now yeah?

15. If We're Alright
"I'm no good if your heart breaks, so I'll do whatever it takes"

I'm so delighted that Siva is getting more and more solos, because I love his voice and the way he sounds in the beginning of this songs actually gives me goosebumps. He has such a deep and beautiful voice and I adore it. I love the lyrics in this song and I'm not sure I can explain how I feel about it, it's just a really amazing ballad and I love it. Fantastic vocals, as always.

16.  Only You
"Beautitul, that's the only way I see you. Nobody else can love you in the way that I do. Sometimes I get worried that you're taking up too much and this crazy world we live in doesn't really give a fuck"

OH WOW. If you're a fan of the Wanted you will have heard this song before, but an acoustic version sung by Jay. Jay's written this song and going by the lyrics, I'd say it's about a girl being depressed or something close to that and him trying to help her, but she doesn't want help and can't see that she's worth a lot. It's one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in my entire life and the lyrics always amaze me and I just love Jay a hundred times more for writing this song. The fact that they deal with depression and sings about wanting to help someone before they run out of time is just incredible to me. I've struggled with depression and this song just means the world to me. It also has fantastic vocals by every single member of the band and I love this song so incredibly much.

17. Drunk on Love
"I'm a lover not a hater, not a fighter or a player and I'll party to the sun comes up"

I love this song a lot and when I first heard it I prayed that it would be on the album, at least the deluxe version. And here it is! It's such a good party song and I love it and the lyrics are so fun and cheeky. 

18. Read My Mind
"Tell me where do we go from here? I need to know, I need to know now"

Oh wow what a killer ballad this is. Sometimes I get amazed by The Wanted and their vocals. This song is a fantastic example of that. Siva wrote this song and I'm just floored by his lyrics. It's such a beautiful and emotional song and I just love it so much. The vocals are so strong and Tom's voice in the first chorus is so incredible. I love how they all have such strong voices and they know how to use them. What a fantastic song.

19. Satellite
"Look at the stars above, we're the only thing that's brighter"

Aw an old favourite! I'm not gonna say much about this one, just that I absolutely love it. It's so damn good.


Summary
How many good songs out of 19:   1 9 !
Best song: Love Sewn / We Own the Night / Show Me Love / Demons
Worst song: - 

Hearts out of five:













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images