"never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted"

1:07 PM


Life is full of regrets. There's big regrets and there's small regrets. But however big or small, they always seem to mess with our heads. We can regret buying a shirt on a shopping spree, whether it was £10 or £80. We can regret big decisions, such as picking the right education. Some choices should definitely be thought through completely, but nonetheless big or small - it can always lead to regrets.

I've spent my life regretting things. I quit university because I was convinced I was in the wrong line of education. And I was correct. Before quitting, I spent months having panic attacks about quitting and what it would lead to. I was worried that I was making the wrong choice and that I would regret it. But I haven't. Not for a single second. And now I'm in college again, studying something that I really enjoy. And I don't think I would've figured it out if I hadn't quit the other course. 

But there's always gonna be regrets. Life's full of them. It will always be full of regrets. And that's good, to be honest. I mean, if you're thinking about making a big change to your life, you should always be worried about consequences. But not too worried. Because being worried can make you go absolutely insane. Trust me, I know. 

I've decided to stop living my life regretting things I've done. I mean what's the point? If you've done something, be happy you did it. But if you have to regret something, regret what you did do. Not what you didn't do. If you regret stuff you didn't do, then you're gonna spend the rest of your life in agony. Wondering what could have happened if things had gone differently, if your life had been different then. I've been there and it's ridiculously painful to constantly wonder what could have been. It's better to regret what you did. I mean, at least then you'll have something nice to remember. Because like my title said, at one point it was exactly what you wanted. 

So what I want to say in this mess of a post is, never regret what you did. Or didn't do. Don't regret anything. Never regret sleeping with someone who's name you can't remember (we've all been there). Never regret buying something that you really wanted, even if it meant you had to live on noodles for the rest of the month. Never regret drinking too much at a night out, if you had fun doing so. Never regret the pictures of your drunken self that your friend uploads, because it's a memory for life. Never regret being with someone who made you really happy at the time, but who's now not in your life anymore. Who cares if they made you sad for a while, if they at one point made you really happy? Treasure that. Treasure the happy moments. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images