hot this week: favourite songs

2:51 PM


Gonna try and keep you all updated with my favourite songs on a weekly basis! There's so much amazing and fresh music out there right now and I felt like I desperately needed to share some song(s) with you all. It'll be a top three at maximum every week and sometimes it might only be one song. We'll see I suppose! 

Young Kato - Ultraviolet
Starting off, this is a song that I am ridiculously obsessed with. I love this band and they are so fresh and interesting and have such a cool vibe. I saw them at the British Summer Time in Hyde Park in July and while I only caught one song, it was enough to make me absolutely hooked on them. I can't explain what it is about them that I just love, but it's a combination of the amazing vocals and the killer lyrics with some absolutely brilliant music. 

Young Kato just released their new EP, "Sunshine" and this is one of the songs featured on the EP. It's my favourite on the EP and one of the best songs they've ever made. I cannot wait to see Young Kato live several times in October and November, and I have high expectations of their live shows - expectations I am very sure that they'll exceed! This song reminds me of some 70's stuff my dad used to listen to when I was a kid, mixed with some White Lies influences. It's absolutely brilliant. 

Also check out: Young Kato - Sunshine EP, Young Kato - Break Out, Young Kato - Drink, Dance, Play.



Childish Gambino - Sober

So I've been a fan of Childish Gambino, real name Donald Glover, for years. And I mean years. Loved him as an actor on Community (which is my favourite show in the entire world!) and I love him as a musician. Literally everything he does is perfection. I've been waiting for his new mixtape, Kauai for a while and I had high hopes for it. And he's just killed it. Like, really just killed it. He's incredible and I am amazed by his talent. It's no lie that his new mixtape is very different from "Because the Internet" but I think that's a very good thing. Kauai has a stronger rnb vibe and sounds more chilled than Because The Internet, but I love that. I'm a massive fan of Because the Internet, but Kauai is just amazing. 

My favourite song on the mixtape is definitely Sober. I can't explain why, it's just an incredibly beautiful rnb/soul song. His voice sounds incredible and so sensual and I am in love with this song. If you've not been a fan of his previous songs, check this out because it's very different and it might make you see how brilliant he is. 

Also check out: Childish Gambino - Kauai, Childish Gambino - Because the Internet



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images